Friday, May 7, 2010

The Distance

The Distance

The sigh of the wind blowing gently from the ocean
As we lie hand in hand, the sand sticking in our hair
deep inside we were, running high on emotion
breathing in the smell of the sea and the tanginess in the air

Can you still remember those times, back when we were young and free?
how you were singing to me the sweetest of melodies,
how it had felt like there was only you and me
how together we had wished for the time to freeze

Now we have this distance that is keeping us apart
it feels so wide it keeps pushing and showing its presence
all the memories, all the feelings, they are safely kept in my heart
I will remember them all always, and you, despite the absence

Note to self: I have not done this in a while. I'm still trying to find my muse. I must improve! :)

No comments: